Headquarters: Greater Philadelphia, PA
Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Philadelphia-based animal health company working on a unique technology solution for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals.
We’re seeking a Back End Developer who is looking for a new career opportunity to be the next member of our growing 30-person team. The ideal candidate is creative, efficient, detail-oriented, and self-motivated to work on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape an entire profession.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Position Summary 🐱💻
You will be instrumental in improving internal tooling and processes, contributing to our backend application, and in shaping our data models. Your contributions and leadership will greatly influence the usability and usefulness of the product.
Day-to-day work will consist of chasing tech debt and bugs, designing and building internal tools, documenting and troubleshooting existing systems and processes. You will be part of a close-knit team that is working hard for a better product each day.
Technology at Instinct 👨💻
* Elixir, Phoenix, Absinthe (GraphQL)
* PostgreSQL, Redis
* Cypress, Jest, React Testing Library
* Papertrail, Sentry
* Github, Jira, Slack
We’re Looking for Someone With ⚡
* At least 3 years of experience building back-end systems
* Usage of Elixir and/or Erlang in production
* Solid scripting and automation chops
* Working with AWS services, CLI and API
* Good knowledge of relational databases
* Some experience building basic web apps, ideally with Phoenix / LiveView
* A high bar for code quality with belief in automated testing
* Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous engagements
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills with experience to resolve problems efficiently
* A desire to mentor
Otros Trabajos y cursos relacionados: